A Place for Parents
We would like to extend a special welcome to the parents and carers of our students. The ‘Skills for Learning’ website is part of our commitment to providing a quality education to each of our students. The ‘Skills for Learning’ website provides tools and resources that are designed to help your child develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed. It encourages your child to share in the responsibility for their learning by setting achievable goals which are supported by quality resources.
Beverly Hills Girls High School is committed to building a strong learning partnership with our school community and establishing a learning environment that extends beyond the classroom. It is therefore hoped that parents and carers will also take advantage of the website to support their child’s learning.
On the website you will find the answers to many frequently asked questions.
- How should my child best use her school diary to organise her homework and study?
- What study strategies would best suit my child?
- What are some of the time wasters I should be aware of?
- How can I help my child improve her reading?
- What are the differences between various types of text that my child may be asked to write?
- What does an effective learning space look like?
- Which websites and online resources would be useful for my daughter’s learning?
- What is plagiarism and how can I prevent my child plagiarising her work?
- How can Information and Communication technology be used as a study tool?
- What are some tips for helping my child prepare for exams?